EV ASSIST Privacy Notice
EV ASSIST take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal data to administer your account and the services you have requested from us.
This Data Privacy Notice relates to the personal information collected on the following:
1. End Customer; individuals who contact us for assistance.
2. Client; businesses that buy services from us.
3. Supplier; businesses that supply us with products and services.
4. Employee; individual prospect and hires by EV ASSIST.
1. What lawful bases do we comply to for data processing under the GDPR?
We comply to the Consent & Contract bases set out in Article 6 of the GDPR.
2. What personal information is collected?
EV ASSIST collects some “personal data” about you whilst carrying out its business in relation to the use of and payment for electric vehicle charging services, this is explained in more detail below.
Your personal data (information which relates to you) and can identify you as an individual, either on its own or if combined with other information EV ASSIST holds.
- Full name
- Personal / business address
- Contact telephone number(s), email addresses
- Notes and documents on your communications with us
- Payment information via encrypted payment systems.
- Your vehicle’s make, model, or year
- If you are at a charge station we may need to record your location, time and date
- Charge time, duration, energy use and transaction value if you are charging your vehicle.
3. How is my personal data collected and used?
EV ASSIST collects your personal data to establish and manage the services it provides to you. EV ASSIST may collect your personal data through details submitted via EV ASSIST’s website, in person, over the telephone or email as you use our services.
EV ASSIST may process your personal data for the following reasons:
- To correspond in response to your enquiries
- To communicate essential information and updates to you
- To set-up and administer payment terms, including dealing with collection of payments or settling of accounts
- Compliance with legal, regulatory and other governance bodies
- News and marketing; you will always have the option to opt out
- Anonymous data for research and statistical analysis.
- To set up and log-in to your account
- To send you an RFID fob; address details can be removed upon request
- Providing you with your charge history
- Anonymous data for billing charge providers.
Client & Supplier:
- Response to enquiries, conversations and quotes
- Agreement of contracts.
- For administrative purposes (HR forms; Work sheets; Professional Development record et cetera.
- Salary information; performance records
4. Who will see my personal information?
Your personal data will only be used for the above stated purposes by relevant staff within EV ASSIST and by those who support them in their roles. Some information will also be made available to our authorised technical service providers, to enable them to perform certain services on our behalf eg. providing IT support and maintenance. These service providers are not permitted to share or use your information for any other purpose.
All sensitive data related to payments is encrypted; the last 4 digits and credit/debit card expiry are collected by Charge Point Operator apps.
Our analytics are provided by Google Analytics and WordPress and contain anonymous data.
EV ASSIST may also need to disclose your personal data if requested
- In response to a court order, a request for cooperation from a legal enforcement agency or other government body; to establish its legal rights. To defend a legal claim or as required or permitted by law and/or regulation.
- If EV ASSIST believes that appropriate disclosure is required in connection with an investigation, to prevent, or act regarding illegal activity, fraud, or wrongdoing.
- To defend and protect the rights, property and safety of EV ASSIST, its customers, staff, suppliers or others; to comply with applicable law.
- If EV ASSIST is sold or sells any of its business or assets.
5. You have the right to access, review and amend personal data
As an individual, this is your data and you have the right to have access to it, to review it, to be certain we have accurate information about you. If you wish to check or notify us of a change in your details, please use the ‘contact us’ section below.